Subject: Any Suggestions?
From: "Heather J. Lubinsky" <heather @ pcgal . com>
Date: Sun, 23 May 1999 23:39:57 -0700
To: <list-managers @ greatcircle . com>

Hi,
My Name is Heather Lubinsky, I am the moderator for a large list
(pco @
 lists .
 best .
 com) about 1200 - 1400 members and about 100 messages
a day.  80% of them get the digest format and 20% get the singles.

The problem is we are getting way too big...  and members need a more
customized solutions.  Within the next 2 to 3 weeks we may double in
size due to our non-profit group (polycystic ovarian syndrome
association) 's info will run in an Ann Landers column.

I am finding out that Best.com has a good list server - especially
since it is free - but its just not cutting it.  I would like to be
able to do subtopics or some kind of filtering and run the list server
myself.  We are a nonprofit group and we don't have a lot of money -
so I am looking for inexpensive.  I would prefer a windows type
platform being that I have not learned unix and such as of yet...

Oh and the other really big part is that the digests can't be in mime
and preferably not in attachment form.

Any ideas or suggestions or places to look would be a great help.  I
myself am just learning everything I can as quickly as I can.

Heather Lubinsky
heather @
 pcgal .
 com

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: Is this possible?