Subject: Re: Subject Prefix
From: "David W. Tamkin" <dattier @ Mcs . Net>
Date: Sun, 4 Jul 1999 13:08:34 -0500 (CDT)
To: list-managers @ greatcircle . com

Gary Bickford responded (to something from Rasmus that I haven't seen),

| Good point.  Using procmail you _could_ insert the heading but then you'd
| have to take it back out if you composed a reply to someone.

The irony there is that if you have filtering software such as procmail a-
vailable to recognize mail from that list in the first place so that you can
add the tag to pieces that come from the list and not to all of your incoming
mail, you can use it to file mail from that list into its own folder, and
then you wouldn't need to have the subject lines tagged, nor to remove the
tag when you respond.