Subject: Lists and Contact Database Integration
From: "Steven Clift" <slc @ publicus . net>
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 1999 11:26:10 -0500
To: list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM
Posted-date: Wed, 7 Jul 1999 11:27:04 -0500 (CDT)

Can anyone recommend technical solutions on the integration of
contact databases with e-mail lists?  I am specifically interested in how
to allow users to opt-into specific information announcement services as
well as other interest group discussions based on information they
provide via a web enabled contact database.

I am helping network the "democracy online" community (in
particular those producing 2000 election information, online events, and
interaction in the United States).  I like to have the ability to allow
someone in our contact database to manage the handful of one-way list
options we might have from a password protected web page (with web
archives of past postings) and opt-into possible small group (3 to 50?
people) discussions based on who they are, where they are from, or
what they are interested in.  I am well aware of what EGroups and
others have produced but this is something that would be for more or
less internal participation in WWB and need to be under our direct
management.

This is being built from scratch so suggestions about the best web-
enabled database system, list software, hardware, software
platform, and hosting are welcome.

Thanks,
Steven Clift
clift @
 publicus .
 net
Consultant to the Markle Foundation for Web White and Blue
http://www.webwhiteblue.org

   Steven Clift - E: clift @
 publicus .
 net - ICQ: 13789183
     3424 Fremont Avenue S, Minneapolis, MN 55408 USA
      T:+1.612.822.8667   W: http://www.publicus.net
        Web White & Blue - http://webwhiteblue.org

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: Subject-Prefix