Subject: Re: Subject Prefix
From: JT <jtraub @ dragoncat . net>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 1999 11:50:43 -0700 (PDT)
To: list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

On Thu, 8 Jul 1999, Denis Olivier [368859] wrote:
> > I think this may be one of those things where there is no 'right' or
> > 'wrong' way, just opinions.  The best I can think of is to make the
> > list software have the ability to put it either way on a per-subscriber
> > basis; a feature JT and I have been planning to add to Listar for a while
> > but haven't yet.
>
> Yes me too but in fact but you will need to post one mail per subscriber,
> much for longer and overload the server.

Umm.. no.. If you sort the subscriber base along this criteria (after
sorting out the digest members) then you need to send 2 messages.  One to
the users with the tag, one to the users without the tag.

I am leaning toward doing it this way in Listar rather than under the
per-user modification which would require one message per user.
It's a bit more complex in the code, but MUCH nicer on the mail server.

--JT

--
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]