Subject: Re: per-user subject tag option (was Subject Prefix)
From: "Bernie Cosell" <bernie @ fantasyfarm . com>
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 1999 00:19:24 -0400
To: list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

On 8 Jul 99, at 16:02, David W. Tamkin wrote:

> Denis, I don't understand what you're posing as a drawback.  I offer tags as
> an option for subscribers, and if the name of the list isn't already in the
> subject, a post goes out in two batches: one to the tag-free people and one
> to the tagged people.  (If the name of the list is already in the subject
> line, no tag is added and the post goes to both groups in the same dispatch.)
> It works very smoothly and doesn't cause any problems at all.

And if one of the 'tagged' people does a 'reply to list', will the MLM
REMOVE the tag as it goes through to the tag-free folk?  If not, then
that might well be the ugliest/worst of the solutions: now I'll have mail
in my inbox *both* "Re: this subject" _and_ "Re: [MYLIST] this subject"
(depending on who contributed to the thread), and I don't know about
yours, but my mail client won't sort those correctly [and so I won't be
able to follow the thread particularly].

  /Bernie\
mailto:bernie @
 fantasyfarm .
 com     Pearisburg, VA