Subject: Re: Mass non-bulk mailing
From: Chuq Von Rospach <chuqui @ plaidworks . com>
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 1999 21:10:36 -0700
To: garyb @ outlawnet . com, list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

Gary: your from line is hosed. You're lucky it's masked by your reply-to:"

	From: Gary E Bickford <garyb @
mynext>

More interestingly, we're presently running Sendmail 8.9.x.  What kind of
issues should I look at regarding the MTA?  The Java servlet/bean/whatever
doesn't presently combine these and pass them to sendmail in batches - should it?

I wouldn't. I'd batch them separately, but use QueueSortOrder=host to deliver
We have a 1MB/s guaranteed, 9MB/s max connection so I don't see a problem with overall bandwidth. Your big issues then are managing queue size to minimize directory overhead, and disk I/O. Loading your queue dirs into a ram disk will do wonders for that.

--
Chuq Von Rospach (Hockey fan? <http://www.plaidworks.com/hockey/>)
Apple Mail List Gnome (mailto:chuq @

The Jedi that I admire most met up with Darth Maul and now he's toast...
   (Weird Al Yankovic - The Saga Begins)