Subject: Re: per-user subject tag option (was Subject Prefix)
From: JT <jtraub @ dragoncat . net>
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 1999 01:26:20 -0700 (PDT)
To: Bernie Cosell <bernie @ fantasyfarm . com>
Cc: list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

On Fri, 9 Jul 1999, Bernie Cosell wrote:
> And if one of the 'tagged' people does a 'reply to list', will the MLM
> REMOVE the tag as it goes through to the tag-free folk?  If not, then
> that might well be the ugliest/worst of the solutions: now I'll have mail
> in my inbox *both* "Re: this subject" _and_ "Re: [MYLIST] this subject"
> (depending on who contributed to the thread), and I don't know about
> yours, but my mail client won't sort those correctly [and so I won't be
> able to follow the thread particularly].

This is a good point :)  Fortunately for Listar, it already does duplicate
tag removal (and pushes the tag to the front of the subject as well :)
(ie it takes Re: [MYLIST] foo and converts it to [MYLIST] Re: Foo) so at
least our implementation (coming soon) will remove tags completely from
the non-tagged folk :)

--JT

--
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]