Subject: Post.office trouble
From: Sharon Tucci <sharon @ listhost . net>
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 1999 12:54:30 -0400
To: list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM, list-business @ list-business . com

(I don't normally cross-post, but since I have a major problem
here, I needed to)

We're running the latest version of post.office on an NT. One
good sized list has been having problems now for almost 12
hours (but I just found out about it). List owner posted message
to the list at 2 am. It was distributed to the list every 30
minutes or so since then showing the same time. Each time it
goes out, the message headers and footers appear once again.
So, in all, it's now gone out 20 times... starting off at
12 k and now it's approaching 20 k with the headers/footers
multiplying.

I've gone into the spooler and deleted the data file associated
with the list, but it doesn't seem to be doing any good. A clean
shut down of post.office services and a reboot didn't do any
good.

Since we have many other lists running on the server - and
this problem DOES have to get resolved - I just can't shut
down entirely.

Short of deleting the list and resetting it up, does anyone
have any ideas of what I can do? (Grin... if any of you have
had the same problem and you figured out what CAUSED it, I'd
love to know that as well)

Thanks!

Sharon Tucci