Subject: Re: eGroups.com: You have been added to the list-managers
From: Olwen Williams <olwen @ ihug . co . nz>
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 1999 10:54:59 +1200
To: list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

The information screen on eGroups asys to paost at
list-managers @
 GreatCircle .
 COM .

True they are doing a degree of rebranding, but not as much as I'd think
by only reading the discussion here.

Tim Pierce wrote:

> On Sat, Jul 10, 1999 at 11:25:43AM -0500, Stephanie da Silva wrote:
> > I was reading some old threads on the eGroups list-managers archive
> > and found an thread from 1996 warning that FindMail was subscribing
> > to lists and archiving them without permission.  They've been doing
> > this a while.  But I don't recall seeing any non-eGroups lists like
> > this until recently.
>
> They're not merely archiving third-party lists -- they're completely
> rebranding them.  The list-managers welcome message you received
> describes the list as the "list-managers eGroup" and tells you to post
> to the list by sending mail to "list-managers @
 egroups .
 com".  There is

From: Olwen Williams <olwen @ ihug . co . nz>
Next: Re: eGroups.com: You have been added to the list-managers eGroup.
Indexed By Thread Previous: Re: eGroups.com: You have been added to the list-managers
Next: Re: eGroups.com: You have been added to the list-managers
From: John R Levine <johnl @ iecc . com>