Subject: Re: eGroups.com: You have been added to the list-managers eGroup.
From: "Ronald F. Guilmette" <rfg @ monkeys . com>
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 1999 17:00:05 -0700
To: Olwen Williams <olwen @ ihug . co . nz>
Cc: list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

In message <3787CEAD .
 2FF8DB3 @
 ihug .
 co .
 nz>, you wrote:

>I had a look at the eGroups site, and although th fact that the list
>isn't run though eGroups is not pointed out i didn't see too many
>attempts to disguise the fact.  The mailing address is given as
>list-managers @
 GreatCircle .
 COM, all the information on the list is there,
>and the correct lst manager's email address.

I have just today found an unrelated excuse to go and look at the egroups
site.

I have inherited some old E-mail addresses (for use as spam traps) and
some of them are subscribed to various "egroups".

Now somebody please correct me if I'm wrong... You can *subscribe* to
any one of the lists that egroups has decide to "share" (with themselves),
via their interactive web site, yes?

But now will somebody please point me to the place on their site where one
can UNSUBSCRIBE from one of these lists?

I looked, and could find no such web page.

(But I have to admit that I did get rather lost in a twisty maze of little
web pages, all different.)

-- Ron Guilmette, Roseville, California ---------- E-Scrub Technologies, Inc.
-- Deadbolt(tm) Personal E-Mail Filter demo: http://www.e-scrub.com/deadbolt/
-- FREE Web Harvester Protection - http://www.e-scrub.com/wpoison/ - Try it!