Subject: Re: probation period for new subscribers
From: murr rhame <murr @ vnet . net>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 05:39:29 -0400 (EDT)
To: list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

Someone on the list-managers mailing list asked:

> I'm using majordomo.  Is there a way to set up a list so that
> messages from first-time/new subscribers would need to go
> through the list-owner for a set number of postings? ...

A probation period would be a great feature for the list-managers
mailing list.  We get several posts a week from folks who think
list-managers is a MajorDomo tech support mailing list.
Appearently even list admins don't bother to read the list
description or the welcome message.  I can see why software tools
to protect mailing lists from clueless subscribers are popular.

- murr -