Subject: Re: probation period for new subscribers
From: Jackie Fenton <jackie @ intelenet . net>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 03:51:44 -0700 (PDT)
To: list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

From: murr rhame <murr @
 vnet .
 net>

> Someone on the list-managers mailing list asked:
>
> > I'm using majordomo.  Is there a way to set up a list so that
> > messages from first-time/new subscribers would need to go
> > through the list-owner for a set number of postings? ...
>
> A probation period would be a great feature for the list-managers
> mailing list.  We get several posts a week from folks who think
> list-managers is a MajorDomo tech support mailing list.
> Appearently even list admins don't bother to read the list
> description or the welcome message.  I can see why software tools
> to protect mailing lists from clueless subscribers are popular.
>

> - - murr -

As I mentioned in my reply to your private email also chastising me, I
did not consider this strictly a majordomo question as I did not think there
was a solution within majordomo.  I was hoping there might be an answer
within majordomo, but I am open to alternative suggestions outside majordomo.

Thanks to the kind folks that have offered suggestions and ideas (some
involving majordomo, some not) to this clueless subscriber.

Regards,

Jackie

Follow-Ups:
Indexed By Date Previous: RE: probation period for new subscribers