Subject: Re: eGroup - the Sanity Clause...
From: Tim Bowden <tcbowden @ clovis . nerdnosh . org>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 99 16:48:51 PST
To: list-managers @ greatcircle . com

murr rhame <murr @
 vnet .
 net> writes:

> I'm curious how well the "agreement" would hold up in court.  As
> far as I know, an author doesn't relinquish their copyright just
> because they post an item to a mailing list.

Say you sold an article to Scanlog, the print monthly.  Then in a few
months, whathell, you decided you wanted to sell it to Mosca, too.
Should you be able to do that freely?  Is Scanlog acting tyrannical in
insisting they be the only forum for that particular contracted segment?
They provided you with a stage; what rights accrue from that benefit?

mailto:tcbowden @
 clovis .
 nerdnosh .
 org (Tim Bowden)