Subject: Too Tight Copyright?
From: Tim Bowden <tcbowden @ clovis . nerdnosh . org>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 99 16:40:07 PST
To: list-managers @ greatcircle . com

Here are a couple of real-time scenarios, from the logs of NerdNosh.

"Reginald is so complacent,  he misinterpreted me and stole my
watch. I demand all traces of my passing here be nulled, voided,
removed by Thursday next or see you in court."

"I want my stories removed.  My husband just took out an AOL account."

The copyright for the Nosh, as we have it written, gives the list the
right to distribute to the members and store in our archives in
perpetuity.  There is a cloaking device available to disguise the IDs of
Noshers, should they choose to use it.  The writer may do what she wants
regarding print publication (and several have, in books and magazines
over the years).  We ask there be no other online forum for the segments
sent to us.

This has, thank gawd, never been tested in court.  Is it too
restrictive?  Does it read like eGroup to anyone?

mailto:tcbowden @
 clovis .
 nerdnosh .
 org (Tim Bowden)