Subject: ML Training & Documentation
From: Doug_LaVerne @ ccmail . osti . gov
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 1999 15:50 -0400 (EDT)
To: list-managers @ GreatCircle . com

Does anyone know of sources of training in & documentation of Mailing Lists
beyond the obvious? There's plenty of training in Java, Oracle, ERP, etc. etc.,
but what of ML? Is it the backwater it seems to be? General training in mail
systems, at least UNIX mail systems, may also be needed.

We recently went from (Listproc) 6.0c to 6.0d. We have problems with performance
& undelivered messages.

So far I have found only the O'Reilly book "Managing Mailing Lists", 3/1998,
ISBN 1-56592-259-X, vendor/author documentation such as man pages & manuals, and
listowner/admin discussion groups such as this.

The O'Reilly book is a godsend, but in a way is intermediate to beginner and
only mildly useful for real world problems. Vendor /author documentation and
discussion groups are often hard to use for various reasons. What is needed is
information that hits the ground running so the administrator can.

Thanks in advance, D. LaVerne, USDOE/OSTI Mailing Lists Support & Admin.

Follow-Ups:
Indexed By Date Previous: Re: eGroup - the Sanity Clause...