Subject: Re: List-Managers-Digest V8 #157
From: Rtnmi @ aol . com
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 1999 09:41:02 EDT
To: List-Managers @ greatcircle . com

It was suggested over on the listmanagers list that we confirm an answer to
our question over here so I am.
If someone would answer this question we
would surely appreciate it.

I have been looking for a program so that we can run
our mailing list from our computers here instead of
on a server and have to subject our members to
a lot of ads and everchanging environments.
Then we found Majordomo in a search, which led us
to Great Cirle.

We found many programs that promise to do everthing by make coffee.
However experience has taught me to ask the pros( users) of a thing
before acting on getting it. So I need to know if my assumption is
correct about Majordomo.

 It looks as though there is a more official way of doing this through
 Majorodomo. But I just learned how to spell PERL. So I am
 in need of much information.

<<<<<<<<Does anyone know if PERL will run on  Windows 95.>>>>>>>>>>>>

Here is one answer that I have so far
Perl will run fine on Windows 95, but Majordomo won't.
It makes some Unix-based assumptions.
It's possible that someone has ported it -- you can ask on
majordomo-users @
 greatcircle .
 com -- but I doubt it.

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: List-Managers-Digest V8 #155