Subject: Re: Majordomo on Win32?
From: Miles Fidelman <mfidelman @ civicnet . org>
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 1999 12:36:16 -0400 (EDT)
To: List-Managers @ GreatCircle . COM

> Rtnmi <Rtnmi @
 aol .
 com> writes:
> > Looks as though there is a more official way of doing this through this
> > thing called Majorodomo. But I just learned how to spell PERL. So I am
> > in need of much information.  Does anyone know if PERL will run on
> > Windows 95.

yup - see www.cpan.org for sources of perl stuff, and
www.cpan.org/ports/index.html for pre-compiled binaries

but... you might be better off installing Linux on your box (perhaps in
a dual-boot configuration) - that would give you a lot more flexibility
for pulling software off the net

The Center for Civic Networking 	    PO Box 600618
Miles R. Fidelman, President &		    Newtonville, MA 02460-0006
Director, Municipal Telecommunications
Strategies Program			    617-558-3698 fax: 617-630-8946
mfidelman @
 civicnet .
 org	 		    http://civic.net/ccn.html

Information Infrastructure: Public Spaces for the 21st Century
Let's Start With: Internet Wall-Plugs Everywhere
Say It Often, Say It Loud: "I Want My Internet!"