Subject: Re: Useless NDRs [Was: Nondeliverable mail]
From: Chuq Von Rospach <chuqui @ plaidworks . com>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 10:52:48 -0700
To: Jeffrey Goldberg <J . Goldberg @ cranfield . ac . uk>, Chuq Von Rospach <chuqui @ plaidworks . com>
Cc: John R Levine <johnl @ iecc . com>, list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

At 3:13 PM +0100 8/24/99, Jeffrey Goldberg wrote:

The problems that I do have are mostly from two sources.  One of my lists
has a lot of people from business schools.  A substantial number of these
are running Lotus Notes.

Another recent problem is an autoresponder in some MS Exchange systems.

And the third really bad set of servers is CCmail, especially educational sites that haven't upgraded in the last decade or so....

Lotus notes is just plain old evil. MS Exchange is broken in a nujmber of ways, but mostly makes it easy for someone to set up a site that does stupid things. And CCmail is disappearing from the horizon, thank god....

I also have to admitt that not all NDRs from Cranfield are useful, but we
try and we have helpful and responsive postmasters who are always willing
to help out list managers when the odd useless NDR does occur.

Stuff happens. A big part of taking care of stuff is trying to be responsive.... My stuff isn't 100% perfect, either, but I'm working on it....

--
Chuq Von Rospach (Hockey fan? <http://www.plaidworks.com/hockey/>)
Apple Mail List Gnome (mailto:chuq @

The Jedi that I admire most met up with Darth Maul and now he's toast...
   (Weird Al Yankovic - The Saga Begins)