Subject: Re: Useless NDRs [Was: Nondeliverable mail]
From: Miles Fidelman <mfidelman @ civicnet . org>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 08:49:42 -0400 (EDT)
To: Istvan Berkeley <istvan @ usl . edu>, list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

On Wed, 25 Aug 1999, Jeffrey Goldberg wrote:

> The real solution to the problem of forwards to bad addresses is to set
> up your lists to use VERP, short of that you could run occassional probes.

this is a new one on me - what's VERP?

The Center for Civic Networking 	    PO Box 600618
Miles R. Fidelman, President &		    Newtonville, MA 02460-0006
Director, Municipal Telecommunications
Strategies Program			    617-558-3698 fax: 617-630-8946
mfidelman @
 civicnet .
 org	 		    http://civic.net/ccn.html

Information Infrastructure: Public Spaces for the 21st Century
Let's Start With: Internet Wall-Plugs Everywhere
Say It Often, Say It Loud: "I Want My Internet!"