Subject: Re: Majordomo and Postfix and Approvals, Oh, My!
From: Nick Simicich <njs @ scifi . squawk . com>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 20:20:37 -0400
To: wietse @ porcupine . org (Wietse Venema)
Cc: list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM, postfix-users @ cloud9 . net

At 01:38 PM 8/30/99 -0400, Wietse Venema is said to have written:

>Yes, delivered-to is ugly.
>
>Thanks for the resend patch. This is better than forcing moderators
>everywhere to patch their mailing list approval scripts.
>
>Would it help if the patch was more specific so that it only drops

In my case, Delivered-To: was usually boucing with values like
"glock-l @
 glock .
 squawk .
 com".  The bounce value was the actual list name at the postfix host.  This is where the person who sent the message sent it, this is where you send it back after approval (this does not bounce, because the extra header is hidden in the body at this point), and this is where the approval process in resend dumps it after approving it.  This was the piece that was bouncing for me, and this was what I was trying to fix with this patch.  Because, presumably, this requires human intervention, it is safe to delete the Delivered-to at this point.

>There's one other solution, suggested long ago on this list, and
>that is to count Delivered-To: headers and to allow mail to loop
>exactly once.  However, that would affect all mail, and not just
>mail that being approved.

That would have bypassed my problem, but frankly I like this patch better.  I have screwed up the aliases-pointing-to-aliases tricks that Majordomo requires more than twice, and I expect to do it again.  Delievered-to will help me catch these faster.

--
Why does the Porridge Bird lay its egg in the air?
Nick Simicich - mailto:njs @