Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(October 1999)

Subject: Re: Cranfield.ac.uk now blocking mail from encephalon.com
From: Chuq Von Rospach <chuqui @ plaidworks . com>
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 1999 12:49:21 -0700

Rather, I was just talking about _precompiling_ a list of envelope sender
addresses for legitimate mailing lists, once and only once.

understood. But imagine if everyone started doing something like that. And imagine how you'd react if random people started poking at your server like that.

I don't think it'd be that useful, and I don't think it'd be that good an idea. I'm not entirely sure it buys you much, and it can easily be misinerpreted by people who are (as this list tends to show), suspicious (to paranoid) from the start, for good reason.

--
Chuq Von Rospach - Plaidworks Consulting (mailto:chuqui @
plaidworks .