Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(October 1999)

Subject: Re: Cranfield.ac.uk now blocking mail from encephalon.com
From: Vince Sabio <vince-lists @ vjs . org>
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 1999 20:10:25 -0400
To: Jeffrey Goldberg <J . Goldberg @ Cranfield . ac . uk>
Cc: List-Managers @ GreatCircle . COM

** Sometime around 22:45 +0100 10/10/1999, Jeffrey Goldberg said:

On Sun, 10 Oct 1999, John R Levine wrote:

> That's a reverse mailbomb attack.  Someone doesn't like sbergeon and is
> trying to forge subscriptions to a gazillion lists.  In all likelihood
> the forger isn't anywhere near that domain.

I've checked the MTA logs.  They do come from the named domain.

But that's not necessarily *Steve Bergeon's* domain, which is (I believe)
the point that John was making. It really does smell of a reverse-mailbomb
attack.

Vince Sabio                     Got Bounces? <http://www.smartbounce.com/>
vince-lists @
vjs .