Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(October 1999)

Subject: Re: Idiot of the hour
From: Steve Bergeon <sbergeon @ encephalon . com>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 1999 11:50:18 -0500
To: Tim Pierce <twp @ rootsweb . com>
Cc: Chuq Von Rospach <chuqui @ plaidworks . com>, list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

But the lists are public, and meant to be joined in an automated
manner. Again I am asking what acceptable limits may be, one
person/list/server? Two? Three? Is it considered some sort of
spam (obviously not UCE) to go over this threshold?

The same stupid scripts got me onto this list, so one must be ok.

Were you in fact called out of bed because of the number of mails,
or was it notification of a loss of system resources related to
the mail? Does your pager go off when somebody joins a list? Two?
Three?