Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(October 1999)

Subject: Re: Idiot of the hour
From: Steve Bergeon <sbergeon @ encephalon . com>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 1999 09:26:45 -0500
To: Chris McEwen <socrates @ sprintmail . com>
Cc: "Roger B.A. Klorese" <rogerk @ QueerNet . ORG>, Chuq Von Rospach <chuqui @ plaidworks . com>, list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

Yeah it's simple, even simplistic. Also reactive and after the
fact. You all would rather have your beepers go off and have
to scramble around at whatever hour to close the barn doors
after the fact rather than be proactive and enforce a policy
by the use of technology? Isn't that like saying you would
connect to the internet without a firewall and just yell at
whoever violates your assumed policies?

Maybe policy implementation is a foreign term for this list.