Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(October 1999)

From: Marc . Haber-lists @ gmx . de (Marc Haber)
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 12:35:56 GMT
To: list-managers @ greatcircle . com

On Mon, 11 Oct 1999 20:36:18 -0400 (EDT), you wrote:
>The freeware version of Listproc will work with Sendmail and
>presumably any other standard MTA.  It doesn't send full headers
>with subscribe requests but it does keep a full-header log of all
>command transactions.

That could be accomplished with any software by setting appropriate
aliases for -request. What bothers me here is that you need list admin
cooperation to pursue a force-subscribe attack. In my experience, most
force-subscribe attacks are done through lists with clueless admins
who either don't ever reply to a request for full headers or don't
know what I am talking about.

What the world needs these days is software that does include full
headers _by_ _default_.

Greetings
Marc