Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(October 1999)

Subject: Local alias problem
From: Michael Brach <michael . brach @ ruhr-uni-bochum . de>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 17:19:32 +0200
To: List-Managers @ GreatCircle . COM

Hello list managers,

emails (e.g. TO: user @
 anywhere) are often locally forwarded to alias
adresses, (e.g. firstname .
 lastname @
 anywhere). This causes problems, when
a user wants to contribute to a private list and the subscribed adress
is not equal to the sender adress.

How can I handle this situation? Is this a subject to list configuration
or policy? I want to avoid contacting the single user, for most of them
don't know about internal aliases. I do manage two lists (with Majordomo
and Listserv), but I am not a programmer.

Thank you very much in advance.

Michael Brach

Follow-Ups:
Indexed By Date Previous: Re: spammers and list confirmations