Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(October 1999)

Subject: Re: demime
From: Jeremy Blackman <loki @ maison-otaku . net>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 11:36:23 -0700 (PDT)
To: "Ronald F. Guilmette" <rfg @ monkeys . com>
Cc: List-Managers @ GreatCircle . COM

On Thu, 21 Oct 1999, Ronald F. Guilmette wrote:

> Would someone please remind me where I could obtain a copy of the
> `demime' utility that's been discussed here?

Not sure about DeMIME, but I hacked together a customizable MIME filtering
(and HTML decoding) tool by ripping Listar's MIME and HTML routines out
and making them standalone.  That can be picked up from

ftp://ftp.listar.org/pub/listar/other/norm-0.1.tar.gz

Takes a mail on stdin, outputs the mail as a content/text single body on
the other side.  Easily customizable, so you could add handlers to, say,
take a VCard and decode the info, placing it in the message body or
whatever.