Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(October 1999)

Subject: Re: AOL silently dropping mail again?
From: Adam Bailey <adamb @ lull . org>
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 1999 22:56:04 -0500 (CDT)
To: list-managers @ greatcircle . com

On 10/23/99 4:43 PM, byronl @
 teleport .
 com wrote...

> Is anyone else seeing reports of AOL silently dropping mail?
>
> We run a mail server with over 100 lists, and we've started to get some
> complaints from AOL subscribers that they are not getting list mail. I
> checked our maillogs and they show messages *are* being accepted for those
> same AOL addresses. So, I sent a message from the server to my own AOL
> account - our logs show it successfully delivered to AOL, but it never
> showed up in my mailbox there! (I have no AOL mail controls set.)

There's no "again" involved. AOL does this. AOL has been doing this.
AOL will probably continue to do this.

Look at your headers, it shouldn't be too hard to spot the problem.
Look for bad DNS or syntax errors.

--
Adam Bailey    | Chicago, Illinois
adamb @

From: "Ronald F. Guilmette" <rfg @ monkeys . com>
Next: Re: AOL silently dropping mail again?
Indexed By Thread Previous: Re: AOL silently dropping mail again?
Next: Re: AOL silently dropping mail again?
From: Berg <berg @ eskimo . com>