Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(October 1999)

Subject: Re: AOL silently dropping mail again?
From: "Tom Neff" <tneff @ bigfoot . com>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 1999 10:26:16 -0400
To: <List-Managers @ GreatCircle . COM>

SRE <eckert @
 climber .
 org> wrote:
> I've exchanged email with several list owners who had to change
> hosts because AOL decided that all email from a given domain was
> spam. They're not very selective, and they don't tell anyone which
> domains they're black-holing.

It's almost the same with WebTV, except that they do have a page
 http://www.webtv.net/antispam/ ) that lists all the hosts they've
blacklisted.  (Warning, it's a 2.5MB page!) They appear to have a dumb SMTP
hack at work populating this list (I saw numerous aborted sessions in my
logs from their bot) and although they claim to have a procedure for getting
off the list, I have never seen it happen.

Indexed By Date Previous: Update Re: AOL silently dropping mail again?