Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(March 2000)

Subject: Re: Mail Lists on RemarQ
From: Michelle Dick <artemis @ rahul . net>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2000 12:46:49 -0800
To: list-managers-digest @ greatcircle . com

Eric wrote:
> 4)
> In implementing support for mail lists we have consulted with Alan
> Schwartz (author of Mailing Lists published by O'Reilly) and Stephanie
> da Silva (owner of PAML). Our intention is to create a community that is
>
> both convenient for users and respectful of list owners.

My list is available in a publicly-viewable threaded live web
interface, funded through banner advertising. The revenues from this
advertising acrue to me so that I may continue offering the list to
the public.  List members who wish a threaded web interface instead of
email have this available to them currently.

Is it respectful of list owners for you to take that same web content,
repackage it so that my advertising does not appear, and instead
replace that advertising with your own?  Robbing my list of revenue?

> Consequently,
> we are always looking for feedback from list members and owners alike.
> Please send us any suggestions that might help us improve our service to
> the mail list community to mail lists @
 remarq .
 com .

Please allow me to configure your interface so that it displays MY
banner advertising instead of yours.  I can provide the javascript
needed. Thank you.

--
Michelle Dick             artemis @
 rahul .