Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(March 2000)

Subject: Re: anti-spammer/anti-harvesting protections
From: Chuq Von Rospach <chuqui @ plaidworks . com>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2000 22:31:59 -0800
To: Aumont - Comite Reseaux des Universites <Serge . Aumont @ cru . fr>, Chuq Von Rospach <chuqui @ plaidworks . com>
Cc: Michelle Dick <artemis @ rahul . net>, list-managers-digest @ GreatCircle . COM

At 8:16 AM +0200 3/29/2000, Aumont - Comite Reseaux des Universites wrote:

-2- Archives access are controled by sympa it self (not by apache) so
    the list config can specify that the archive is restricted to
    subscribers (or to owners, or intranet users or any other
    definition). This is a very effective protection.

Thanks, Serge. Doing this is one fo the exact reasons I'm looking to move my lists to Sympa.

Chuq Von Rospach - Plaidworks Consulting (mailto:chuqui @
plaidworks .
com)
Apple Mail List Gnome (mailto:chuq @
apple .
com)

And they sit at the bar and put bread in my jar
and say 'Man, what are you doing here?'"