Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(March 2000)

Subject: Re: Web Harvesting precautions, List-Managers-Digest V9 #55
From: John Picken <john . picken @ bigfoot . com>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2000 17:24:56 +0100
To: List-Managers @ greatcircle . com

Web Harvesting precautions

I am fairly new to managing lists with 3 currently running.  I am
setting up digests and also want to protect my list members.  I am using
Majordomo and have set who to closed and subscritions to either
open,open+confirm or closed depending on the list, never auto.  All have
restricted post to list or list + digest.

Should I be doing more to protect members Email addresses?

I am now starting to get the digests working properly, and I will be
inviting digest members shortly.  Is there anything else I should
protect.

I would like to archive to the web or another medium but appreciate the
need to hide Email addresses, so that will come later when I have had a
chance to get my head round it and have some idea of what I should be
doing.

Comments appreciated.

John Picken

Follow-Ups:
Indexed By Date Previous: Re: anti-spammer/anti-harvesting protections