Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(March 2000)

Subject: Re: List-Managers-Digest V9 #56
From: Steve McIlree <smcilree @ home . com>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 07:42:42 -0600
To: List-Managers-Digest <List-Managers @ GreatCircle . COM>

Alan--

Thursday, March 30, 2000, you wrote:

> (1) They have no banner ads or other advertisements on the archived
> pages.  I have a basic distrust for the honesty of any site that uses
> banner ads or has commercial sponsors.  I personally would not be
> comfortable at eScribe.

  Hmm. Personally I'm far more comfortable when I can clearly see what
  a service provider is gaining from a relationship. Banner
  advertising I can understand, when there appears to be no profit for
  the provider I become suspicious.

--
Steve McIlree
 Noblest of the train that wait on man,

Follow-Ups:
Indexed By Date Previous: Re: Web Harvesting precautions, List-Managers-Digest V9 #55