Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(March 2000)

Subject: Re: MLM, your opinion ?
From: Jeremy Blackman <loki @ maison-otaku . net>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 23:35:18 -0800 (PST)
To: "Barry A. Warsaw" <bwarsaw @ cnri . reston . va . us>
Cc: List-Managers @ GreatCircle . COM

On Fri, 31 Mar 2000, Barry A. Warsaw wrote:

> Mailman is most definitely not dead.  Version 2.0beta1 was released
> last week, with another beta likely this weekend.  This beta cycle
> will be short -- I run nearly the current CVS snapshot on my
> production system (python.org) and I'm quite satisfied with its
> stability.  If you haven't looked at Mailman before, or are only
> familiar with the 1.x series, please take a look again.  2.0 has had
> some key re-architecting for more flexibility and much better
> performance in many respects.

This is why it's good to have the various MLM authors on the list!

They'll always have the most up-to-date information on the packages they
maintain.  (This is also why I qualify anything about an MLM that isn't
the one I write as 'to the best of my knowledge' or 'from my admittedly
limited experience with it'.)

I only post this as a note that I think it's valuable to have a
representative from the dev team of each MLM that gets discussed on this
list; I know feedback I've gotten from this list has helped with Listar.
I also know that I've been able to give feedback on what has worked with
Listar to other people doing MLM development.  (One reason I seriously
considered starting an mlm-developer mailing list at one point in the
past; and if anyone is still interested in such, let me know.)

And congrats on the 2.0 beta.  Rearchitecting based on the testing of
the 1.x version is always a good thing. :)

--
Jeremy Blackman - loki @
 maison-otaku .

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: case sensitivity?