Subject: Re: Remarq.com
From: Chuq Von Rospach <chuqui @ plaidworks . com>
Date: Mon, 1 May 2000 00:51:52 -0700
To: Istvan Berkeley <istvan @ louisiana . edu>, list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

At 10:37 AM -0500 4/27/2000, Istvan Berkeley wrote:
Hi there,
Some time ago I noticed that Remrq.com were archiving my list. As is the
case with many people, I was not happy with this. So, I sent them a
cease and desist letter by snail mail, addressing it to their designated
person under OCILLA.

I had a private discussion with the Remarq people about this, where they removed one of my lists from their archive (one that happened to be discontinued) but leaving all my others in place. that led to a further, somewhat frustrating discussion that ended up with me giving their representative an e-mail "please stop annoying me" message, and since I simply don't believe they are capable of managing C&D requests based on my discussion, I handle it here at the source by rejecting all email from remarq.com. That way, they can't subscribe their systems to my lists in the first place, so they can't archive it.

Since they can't archive my site without my implicit agreement (by allowing them access to my lists), and I explicitly deny them that access, to me, a C&D becomes moot. And since my experience iwth them left me unconvinced they can manage C&D properly, that's fine by me.

Chuq Von Rospach - Plaidworks Consulting (mailto:chuqui @
plaidworks .
com)
Apple Mail List Gnome (mailto:chuq @
apple .
com)

And they sit at the bar and put bread in my jar
and say 'Man, what are you doing here?'"

Indexed By Date Previous: