Subject: Re: about the webtv whitelist? (fwd)
From: Mike Nolan <nolan @ celery . tssi . com>
Date: Thu, 4 May 2000 17:32:52 -0500 (CDT)
To: list-managers @ GreatCircle . com (List Managers)

> All that their message said was that as of Monday, you'll no longer be on
> your whitelist.

Not quite.  It says that AS A RESULT OF A COMPLAINT, you'll no longer be on
the whitelist.  If there's a complaint, it would be helpful to know what it
was that someone complained about.

> Honestly, I don't understand why they bothered to send out the notice, since
> their blocking practices are their own business, and as we've seen, many
> trigger-happy sysadmins insisted it on misreading it as some sort of attack.

No, I read it as a warning, without any content or information for me to
take appropriate action.

You've been warned.  I'm just not saying what about.  :-)
--
Mike Nolan

Follow-Ups:
Indexed By Date Previous: Re: webtv whitelisting