Subject: Re: about the webtv whitelist? (fwd)
From: Mitch Collinsworth <mkc @ Graphics . Cornell . EDU>
Date: Thu, 04 May 2000 21:07:36 -0400
To: nolan @ tssi . com
Cc: list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

>> All that their message said was that as of Monday, you'll no longer be on
>> your whitelist.
>
>Not quite.  It says that AS A RESULT OF A COMPLAINT, you'll no longer be on
>the whitelist.  If there's a complaint, it would be helpful to know what it
>was that someone complained about.

It was poorly worded, but I didn't read it as:

 "[your] domain will be [un-whitelisted] due to spam complaints ..."

but rather:

 "[your] domain will be [un-whitelisted] ..."

where [unwhitelisted] includes all of "deleted from our list of sites
that we never block due to spam complaints".  Or in other words the
phrase "due to spam complaints" is meant to describe "block" rather
than "deleted".

But I did read it at least 3 times before I shrugged and moved on.

-Mitch