Subject: Re: webtv whitelist?
From: "Roger B.A. Klorese" <rogerk @ QueerNet . ORG>
Date: Thu, 4 May 2000 21:57:29 -0700 (PDT)
To: "Ronald F. Guilmette" <rfg @ monkeys . com>
Cc: list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

On Thu, 4 May 2000, Ronald F. Guilmette wrote:
> It may have escaped your attention, but there _are_ some other people
> inhabiting this Universe with you.

Funny, that was what MY point was: what is important to you doesn't pass
that test for most of us.

> Maybe some other less arrogant people care that Apple has helped some
> random net-hooligan mailbomb me.

And maybe some less arrogant people than you feel that Chuq's taken a step
forward in usability, which is the real challenge of the net, and that the
side effect, while unfortunate and necessary to address, is far less of a
problem for the world as a whole than the "make it confusing and
multi-step in order to protect me, even if it drives most of the net away"
jive you favor.

--
ROGER B.A. KLORESE     rogerk @
 QueerNet .