Subject: Re: Confirmation Required
From: Chuq Von Rospach <chuqui @ plaidworks . com>
Date: Fri, 5 May 2000 10:08:48 -0700
To: murr rhame <murr @ vnet . net>, "Roger B.A. Klorese" <rogerk @ QueerNet . ORG>
Cc: list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

At 11:43 AM -0400 5/5/2000, murr rhame wrote:

I HAVE read both Chuq's remarks and yours.  I strongly disagree
with most of the premises.  I vehemently disagree with the
conclusions.

Which is fine. Nobody's forcing you to change. If we can't convince you, we can't convince you. Now, I just wish the occcasional "you must do it my way or else" hothead I run into would return the favor....

 IMHO, open subscription without confirmation is
unconscionable.  To do so is aiding and abetting net hoodlums.

I guess it all comes down to definitions of "open". I may not do explicit mailback validation, but I disagree that my lists are open.

--
Chuq Von Rospach - Plaidworks Consulting (mailto:chuqui @
plaidworks .

And they sit at the bar and put bread in my jar
and say 'Man, what are you doing here?'"