Subject: Re: Confirmation Required
From: Chuq Von Rospach <chuqui @ plaidworks . com>
Date: Fri, 5 May 2000 22:20:48 -0700
To: "Roger B.A. Klorese" <rogerk @ QueerNet . ORG>, Chuq Von Rospach <chuqui @ plaidworks . com>
Cc: SRE <eckert @ climber . org>, list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

At 9:12 PM -0700 5/5/2000, Roger B.A. Klorese wrote:

And in addition, it's more like "If you can't change a tire, you don't get
a license."

Some of us prefer to build tires that are easier to change. Or won't go flat.

And I really don't understand why some people on this list are so afraid of building tires that are easier to change. If folks didn't work to make things easier, we'd still be doing all of this on Vaxen, using gopher, and the internet would have 40 people on it.

And yes, I realize that some folks on this list would prefer the Good Old Days. But putting unnecessary walls in front of the people who've joined the fun won't return them, it only pisses off people.

And unlike some of you, I can't simply tell my customers and clients "do it my way or go somewhere else" -- because they will. And last I looked, I need my clients and customers more than they need me. I'd guess the same is true of mayn fo you, even if you don't admit it. But from the way you set things up, it sure seems like you don't believe that.

--
Chuq Von Rospach - Plaidworks Consulting (mailto:chuqui @
plaidworks .

And they sit at the bar and put bread in my jar
and say 'Man, what are you doing here?'"