Subject: Re: Anybody else seeing probes from "meta-list.net"?
From: Rich Kulawiec <rsk @ gsp . org>
Date: Tue, 9 May 2000 02:16:46 -0400
To: list-managers @ greatcircle . com

On Mon, May 08, 2000 at 05:10:21PM -0400, Rich Kulawiec wrote:
> This arrived today; I'm wondering who else has seen this, and/or
> if these folks are gonna do anything like Remarq's trick of
> co-opting our mailing lists and our content for their profit?

Normally I wouldn't follow up my own note, but yes, it would appear
that these folks are setting up a mechanism similar to Remarqs which
allows users to subscribe through their interface, thus overriding
whatever we (the listowners) have chosen to use.

This is starting to be really annoying.  I'm not sure what the answer
to this problem is, but I grow tired of having to defend my lists from
attack on a monthly basis from greedheads who think it's okay to usurp
my rights for their profit.

---Rsk
Rich Kulawiec
rsk @