Subject: Re: Meta-list
From: John R Levine <johnl @ iecc . com>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 09:39:04 -0400 (EDT)
To: Chuq Von Rospach <chuqui @ plaidworks . com>
Cc: list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

> Seems to me that kind of thing ought to be encouraged, not discouraged.

I'd agree if they'd at least notified me that they were scraping my list
directories.  Some of my lists are publicly available, some aren't, some
are by invitation only.  I suppose I should go and futz with the info
files to hide the ones that are supposed to be private, but that's pretty
low on my list of priorities.

Regards,
John Levine, johnl @
 iecc .
 com, Primary Perpetrator of "The Internet for Dummies",
Finger for PGP key, f'print = 3A 5B D0 3F D9 A0 6A A4  2D AC 1E 9E A6 36 A3 47

Follow-Ups:
  • Re: Meta-list