Subject: Re: Yahoo
From: Tim Pierce <twp @ rootsweb . com>
Date: Sat, 20 May 2000 02:21:50 -0400
To: Rick Rountree <rick @ dundee . net>
Cc: list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

On Fri, May 19, 2000 at 06:34:50PM -0400, Rick Rountree wrote:
> One would think so....my MTA, Lyris, doesn't allow us to tweak settings at
> that level.  I really have no idea what the time-out is set to internally,
> but I'm certain there is a reasonable one.  Looking at this from my side it
> seems to be more complicated than a simple time-out issue.

If Yahoo's servers are failing to complete a transaction at all,
that's definitely a serious problem.  Yahoo's mail servers do seem
to be having all kinds of indigestion lately.  But if you could
change your network timeout settings, you could at least prevent
rogue sites from monopolizing your services this way.

--
Regards,
Tim Pierce