Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(January 2001)

Subject: Re: hotmail changes re: HTML?
From: Bill Fant <bfant @ charm . net>
Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2001 00:33:05 -0500 (EST)
To: Thomas Gramstad <thomas @ ifi . uio . no>
Cc: list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

Glad you asked. It's very interesting. When I first saw this thread, I
checked on my hotmail account at work, where I must use IE 5. There the
option appeared in the compose window, Rich Text, checked by default.  I
did not look into preferences.

Now at home where I use Netscape 4.7, there is no such option for Rich
Text.

Bill Fant

On Fri, 5 Jan 2001, Thomas Gramstad wrote:

> Can you specify exactly where/how this option is set?
> I have a hotmail account and can't find it neither under options,
> preferences or elsewhere.
>
> Thomas Gramstad
> thomas @
 ifi .
 uio .
 no

> > There is a new option in hotmail, checked by default on my account, to
> > send messages in rich text.
> >
> > Bill fant
> >
> > On Fri, 5 Jan 2001, Cyndi Norman wrote:
> >
> > >    From: Mike Nolan <nolan @
 celery .
 tssi .
 com>
> > >    Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2001 08:09:38 -0600 (CST)
> > >
> > >    In the past couple of days I've seen a number of messages on my lists
> > >    from hotmail accounts which have only HTML encoding, no plaintext.
> > >
> > >    Is this a policy change at hotmail or just reconfiguration by several
> > >    users?
> > >
> > > I don't know about policy but a friend of mine with a hotmail account
> > > started sending me emails all in HTML.  I complained but she hadn't made
> > > any changes and didn't know what to do.  After a couple days, the problem
> > > disappeared.  Again, she hadn't done anything, it just happened.  This was
> > > about 2 weeks ago.
> > >
> > > Cyndi
> > >
> > > --
> > > "There's nothing wrong with me.  Maybe there's                     Cyndi Norman
> > > something wrong with the universe." (ST:TNG)           cyndi @
 consultclarity .
 com
> > >                                                          http://www.tikvah.com/
> > > _________________ Owner of the Immune Website & Lists http://www.immuneweb.org/

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: hotmail changes re: HTML?