Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(January 2001)

Subject: preventing majordomo to respond to messages from outside the the domain.
From: "Bos, P.G.J. - SPLXM" <Pieter . Bos @ klm . nl>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2001 11:26:08 +0100
To: "'list-managers @ greatcircle . com'" <list-managers @ greatcircle . com>

Hello,
has anyone a suggestion for my problem,
I have a majordomo listserver with several mailing-lists only for internal
use.
Our ms-exchange server has a forwarding address Majordomo @
 KLM .
 nl -->
majordomo @
 listmachine .
 klm .
 nl
This is done for the convenience of our internal users.
An unwanted side effect is that requests sent to majordomo @
 klm .
 nl from the
internet are processed in a simmilar manner as the requests from our
intranet.

I woud like to have a message sent to the internet requestor telling him
that this listserver contains no list of interest for a Internet user and
give the address of our commercial listserver.

According to our Exchange people there is no solution in Exchange available
for this problem.

--
Piet Bos
piet .

This e-mail and any attachment may contain confidential and privileged material intended for the addressee only. If you are not the addressee, you are notified that no part of the e-mail or any attachment may be disclosed, copied or distributed, and that any other action related to this e-mail or attachment is strictly prohibited, and may be unlawful. If you have received this e-mail by error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail, and delete this message. Koninklijke Luchtvaart Maatschappij NV (KLM), its subsidiaries and/or its employees shall not be liable for the incorrect or incomplete transmission of this e-mail or any attachments, nor responsible for any delay in receipt.

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: hotmail changes re: HTML?