Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(January 2001)

Subject: Re: AOL points of contact?
From: Norbert Bollow <nb @ thinkcoach . com>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 15:47:55 +0100
To: list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

I wrote

> >We're having a very bad problem with AOL's 'spam filter' again
> >(which is silently discarding a big proportion of legitimate
> >mailing list traffic again).

Many thanks to all who responded to this question!

JC Dill <inet-list @
 vo .
 cnchost .
 com> wrote

> 	whois netscape.com
> Alternately, try whois aol.com and calling their number:

Indeed it seems that this is the official way for contacting AOL
with this kind of problem.

Adam Bailey <adamb @
 lull .
 org> wrote:

> You're better off just fixing the problem. See
> <http://members.aol.com/adamkb/aol/mailfaq/dropped-mail.html#lists>.

A good resource, but even knowing all that I had not managed to
spot the problem on my own.

The most helpful response came in private email from an AOL
postmaster (thank you so much - you know who you are :-) who
took the time to investigate the situation and tell me exactly
what needs to be changed to get "better chances for email
delivery".

God bless you,
Norbert