Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(October 2001)

Subject: Re: Mail to yahoo getting blocked?
From: Richard Rognlie <rrognlie @ gamerz . net>
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2001 11:20:51 -0400
To: J C Lawrence <claw @ kanga . nu>
Cc: list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

On Tue, Oct 09, 2001 at 09:34:38AM -0400, Richard Rognlie wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 08, 2001 at 08:32:49PM -0700, J C Lawrence wrote:
> > On Mon, 8 Oct 2001 12:30:22 -0400
> > Richard Rognlie <rrognlie @
 gamerz .
 net> wrote:

> > > In debugging this, I connect to the various yahoo.com MX servers
> > > on port 25, and it immediately closes the connection on me.  It's
> > > as though I've been blacklisted or something.  No clue why.
> >
> > Have you checked if your IP is one the RLB, DUL, ORBZ, or similar
> > list?
>
> Yep.  First thing I checked.

But apparently, I didn't check ALL of them.  It seems my DSL provider's
arin information was out of date, and on Sep 24th, they were added
to ipwhois.rfc-ignorant.org.  Which is apparently run by one of
the yahoo admins/developers.

I don't know for certain that this was the cause, but after contacting
the above mentioned admin, I'm again able to talk to the yahoo mail
servers.  And on contacting my DSL provider, they thanked me for
alerting them to the oversight, and assured me that they would fix
it later today.

Thanks for you help all!

Richard

--
 /  \__  | Richard Rognlie / Sendmail Ninja / Gamerz.NET Lackey
 \__/  \ | http://www.gamerz.net/rrognlie/    <rrognlie @