Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(October 2001)

Subject: HTML mail and AOL 7.0
From: "John R Levine" <johnl @ iecc . com>
Date: 20 Oct 2001 20:57:25 -0400
To: "list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM" <list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM>

I don't recall if this has been discussed here yet, but I am relieved to
report that AOL 7.0 fixes the "HTML everywhere" mail bug in AOL 6. If you
send a plain text message in AOL 7.0, it's sent as plain text.  I've
tested it myself.

This means, of course, that if you're getting multipart/crud from your AOL
users, you can now tell them "upgrade to 7.0" and they might even do it.

Regards,
John Levine, johnl @
 iecc .
 com, Primary Perpetrator of "The Internet for Dummies",
Finger for PGP key, f'print = 3A 5B D0 3F D9 A0 6A A4  2D AC 1E 9E A6 36 A3 47

Follow-Ups:
Indexed By Date Previous: Re: Automated bounce recognition