Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(October 2001)

Subject: Re: Automated bounce recognition
From: "Roger B.A. Klorese" <rogerk @ queernet . org>
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2001 17:49:19 -0700
To: J C Lawrence <claw @ kanga . nu>
Cc: list-managers @ greatcircle . com

At 05:06 PM 10/20/2001 -0700, you wrote:
Bounces have the unique quality of have a null return envelope.
Filter on that and you'll have no problem.  (

With the number of sites violating RFCs and rejecting null-envelope bounce messages, my list owners are not getting their lists' bounces. I am seriously considering putting in a return address on them from here on.