Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(October 2001)

Subject: Re: Automated bounce recognition
From: "Ronald F. Guilmette" <rfg @ monkeys . com>
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2001 22:48:08 -0700
To: Charlie Summers <charlie @ lofcom . com>
Cc: list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

In message <v03130300b7f7e625003d @
 [63 .
 15 .
 103 .
 221]>, you wrote:

>         Charlie (who is on vacation, and because he is using a dialup
>                   through UUNET, cannot email you directly becuse of
>                   your server blocks)

If you had mailed me via any one of UUnet's numerous well-secured mail
servers, then no problem.

Looking at today's mail servers logs however, I see that you tried to
send mail here from some mail server belonging to the mystery domain
`safepages.com'.

I don't accept mail from that domain anymore, and haven't for quite
some time.  As far as I know, it's just a front operation for spammers.
The home page (www.safepages.com) provides nothing to make me believe
otherwise, and much to make me believe that it IS in fact just a front
for spammers.  (And I've received MANY spams from that mystery domain.)

When and if whoever owns that domain decides to come of of the closet and
identify themselves, then I might recosider, but for the moment, I
interpret `safepages' to mean `A safe place to put your web site if
you are a spammer, and if you don't want to have your account terminated.'

P.S.  It ain't just safepages.com's home page that's particularly unin-
formative.  Their WHOIS record leaves their true location and phone number
an utter mystery also:

Registered to:
  SafePages (SAFEPAGES-HOLDER)
  P.O. Box 77526
  Seattle, WA 98177-0526
  US

  Domain Name: SAFEPAGES.COM
  Registered through: 1stDomain.net

  Administrative Contact, Technical Contact, Zone Contact, Billing Contact:
    Brandon Mullenberg (BRMU100F) admin @
 safepages .
 com
    NA
    NA, NA NA
    US
    +

  Domain created: 1998-11-18.
  Domain last updated: 2000-11-17.
  Domain expires: 2005-11-17.

  Name servers for this domain:

  NS3.SAFEPAGES.COM   216.127.139.9   (HO128F)
  NS4.SAFEPAGES.COM   216.127.139.10  (HO129F)